Monday, August 1, 2016

My Lifelong Study Of Death: What Is Thanatology?

My introduction to thanatology was in 1969, with Dr. Elizabeth Kübler-Ross’s groundbreaking book On Death and Dying. A psychiatry professor at the Pritzker School of Medicine in Chicago, Dr. Kübler-Ross was known for being outspoken and controversial for some of her theories concerning the counseling practices of terminally ill patients and understanding of the grieving process. Back then, a book on the sole subject of death and dying was virtually unheard of, especially in America, where we do everything possible to deny our own mortality or discuss terminal illness openly. In fact, I think it would be safe to say the very term “death” was more or less taboo.

CrimeFeed

The post My Lifelong Study Of Death: What Is Thanatology? appeared first on Become A Crime Scene Investigator.

My Lifelong Study Of Death: What Is Thanatology?




from WordPress https://crimesceneinvestigatoredus.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/my-lifelong-study-of-death-what-is-thanatology/

No comments:

Post a Comment